Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Have You Ever Imagined Yourself There?

I love going to camp meeting. They used to have it every year in a little town nearby, but then for 5-10 years or so they did not. But about 3-5 years ago they started back up again. And I am so very thankful that they have.

During Campmeeting they have the big meetings every night, but they also have some seminars during the day. One year they had a seminar about how to get the most out of your Bible. And one of the things that they suggested is that when we are reading a Bible story to imagine ourselves being there and what we would be thinking and feeling. Yesterday's quote is the one that reminded me of learning that technique.

Christ’s disciples were much impressed by His prayers and by His habit of communion with God. One day after a short absence from their Lord, they found Him absorbed in supplication. Seeming unconscious of their presence, He continued praying aloud. The hearts of the disciples were deeply moved. As He ceased praying, they exclaimed, “Lord, teach us to pray.” {COL 140.1}

And to be honest - it is what helped me understand how imagining yourself being present during the stories in the Bible - helps with you gleaming a larger picture of the situation. When you imagine yourself there - you then can think of what questions you might have or how you might be feeling. It opens up another dimension of understanding the Scriptures. There is so much that we can learn from the Bible - if we will just take the time tot study for ourselves and to ask the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth. 

Anyway I just wanted to share that idea. And I am hoping that I will remember to take the time to do it more often myself. What awesome insight can I gleam by doing so?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories