Monday, March 4, 2019

Self-Sabotage

In my Wellness Counts class recently we discussed the topic of self-sabotage.
  • Minimizing 
  • Rationalizing
  • Generalizing
  • Justifying 
  • Blaming
  • Diversion
  • Bargaining 
  • Passivity(victim) 
These are just a few of the ways that we use in order to sabotage ourselves. These can be changed but we need to recognize what we are doing first in order to work towards change. 

Being and Trying 

We spend too much time on the side of trying. We need to spend more time on the side of being. 
Asking ourselves questions like: 

Where have I come from? 
How did I get here? 
How will I move forward? 

"Being" reminds me of a favorite verse in Psalms. 

Be Still & Know That I Am God, Pallet Decor   -
(found this awesome photo on the Christianbooks.com site) 

When we spend some time being still and quiet we give God time to answer our questions. And He will give us great answers. He will also help us recognize when we are using a self-sabotaging behavior. When we catch ourselves using one of them we need to reframe our thoughts.  


2 comments:

  1. I'm going through this right now. I live in Lee County, and my are was badly hit with the tornadoes. So much destruction, and as of right now there is a 23 death count. It is just heartbreaking because at least two who died are children.

    I'm praying, but I'm so shaken by the tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I am so sorry to hear that this tragedy has happened so close to you. I am glad to hear you are safe. I will be praying for you and all those affected by this.

      Delete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)