Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Important, Yet Many Times Left Off the "To Do" List

At the beginning of each week - I write out a paper- with each day listed. Under each day~ I write down important things to remember such as Dr. appointments, appointments to get my hair cut, Ladies Study group, prayer meeting, Bags of Love, Block of the Month, so forth. Then I add important things to remember like - the day to gather trash and get it out. There are certain jobs that I like to do on preparation day - so under Friday I write those down - these are things like changing the sheets and such. There are some things that are a given and I don't have to write them down- for example. Every morning I like to have my devotional time - so there is no need to be reminded of that - unless I want to write down an list just for that day so I can mark things off as I get them finished.

I have really been wanting to sit down with my cookbooks and look through some of them and find some great recipes to try. I have also wanted to spend some time designing a beautiful garden for my back yard. I have a great book about being creative and designing your yard and I would like to finish reading it. I want to learn more about vegetable gardening. And I want to work on getting my next quilt finished.

When I got to the end of the week - most of these things had gone undone. That is when I realized the importance of putting fun things on my "to do" list as well. It is very important that I block off a little time each day to do one of these things. And by the end of the week I will have had the chance to spend a little bit of time working on each of these - or I may want to focus in just once area a week. I really don't know yet.

All of these things would be fun and enjoyable. In life I think that it is important that we continue to be creative and do fun things. It's also important that we continue to learn. And if I will just make time for these things - I will have time for them. Just because something is not cleaning or working does not mean that it is not something important to do.

So I would like to challenge you to add something fun to your "to do" list. It may only be 10-15 minutes that you have free to do this but if you will write it on your list of things you want to accomplish for the day - you will be surprised at your ability to work it into your schedule. And if you are really busy and you are not able to do something every single day - that is ok. At least start by adding a little time at least once a week for something you want to do. And see how much for fulfilled you feel.

2 comments:

  1. I got to thinking about how right you are--including these things we enjoy doing is so important. I started doing that more last week, and I do feel more fulfilled. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories