Saturday, October 24, 2015

Power of Prayer


The first words upon arising~

"The very first outbreathing of the soul in the morning should be for the presence of Jesus. 'Without Me,' He says, ' ye can not do nothing.' It is Jesus that we need; His light, His life, His spirit, must be ours continually. We need Him every hour. And we should pray in the morning that as the sun illuminates the landscape, and fills the world with light, so the Sun of Righteousness may shine into the chambers of mind and heart, and make us all light in the Lord. We cannot do without His presence one moment. The enemy knows when we undertake to do without our Lord, and he is there, ready to fill our minds with his evil suggestions that we may fall from our steadfastness, but it is the desire of the Lord that from moment to moment we should abide in Him, and thus be complete in Him."- My Life Today, 15
 

Your very first work~

"Consecrate yourself to God in the morning; make this your very first work. Let your prayer be, 'Take me, O Lord, as wholly Thine. I lay all my plans at Thy Feet. Use me today in Thy service. Abide in me, and let all my work be wrought in Thee." This is a daily matter. Each morning consecrate yourself to God for that day. Surrender all your plans to Him, to be carried out or given up as His providence shall indicate. Thus day by day you may be giving your life into the hands of God, and thus your life will be molded more and more after the life of Christ. A life in Christ is a life of restfulness. There may be no ecstasy of feeling, but there should be an abiding, peaceful trust."
_Steps to Christ, 70

2 comments:

  1. I sometimes forget to talk to God upon waking...Like this morning! Thank you for this reminder, Lisa!
    God bless you this week end...Hope you are far from the devastating weather from the hurricane...We are praying for all those who were in its path.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“The Central Issue: Love or Selfishness?” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN...

Sorry I missed posting last week. Here is the 2nd lesson in this series. I am hoping it blesses you! :O)