Monday, March 9, 2015

Stretching Myself....

So remember that I was needing to make up petit fours for the Ladies Tea at our church this week end?
Well I did it.
I actually had planned on doing a bit more - but when I was able to get the glaze on the little cakes and the glaze was so delicious - I decided to stop while I was ahead.

I added some delicious orange essential oils flavoring to the glaze and it was yummy. My husband who really does not like oranges ended up thinking that they were really good.
 
Anyway so I made up 2 trays of these. And I am hoping that everyone enjoyed their petit fours. I wish that I had taken a photo - of the plating of the petit fours. Several different women make up the little cakes - everyone's were different. And they plated them - with like 4 different cakes on each plate. And luckily I was able to bring a plate home. For desert my husband and I cut them in half and taste tested them. We loved a lemon flavored one and a chocolate one was very good as well. I was not able to go to the Tea as we had our granddaughter and time with her comes first.

I am thinking that I will be helping with the Women's Ministry team next this coming year - and will have plenty of opportunity to participate with these programs- hopefully they are scheduled for weekends that we don't have SweetPea.

After seeing what some of the other ladies did - I sure with I had have gotten some orange icing and did little orange flowers on the top of these. If I had it to do over again that is what I would do.

Well I am proud of myself. I had never made Petit Fours before and I was a little bit overwhelmed with the project- but I am so proud of myself for accepting the challenge and for doing the best I could do. I have a tendency to want to do such a good job on what I do- a bit of a perfectionist- that sometimes I don't do things because I don't think I can do a good enough job. Anyway I think it is good sometimes to accept challenges that can help you grow as a person and I think that this was one of those situations for me. I needed to be willing to try - even if I was not able to do a perfect job. And it feels good to stretch myself a bit.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you - If I make them again - I will try to up the creativity of them by doing some kind of design but -hey the taste was awesome and that is what counted! :O)

      Delete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)