Thursday, March 19, 2015

Peace and Joy

Something really neat happened today and I wanted to share it with you all.

I had gone out to the shed to check on my chickens. As I approached the chicken pin I heard a bird that I had not heard before- my first thought is that it was some mourning doves- so I begin to search the trees in the direction that the sound was coming from- didn't see anything. Then I started hearing it louder. It was a really neat sound and I was intrigued. And I looked up in the sky and noticed a flock of birds flying over head in a V formation. It was so cool to watch and to hear them - sing/honk what ever it was that they were doing.

I went on in and checked on my baby girls and then as I came out - I heard the noise again - and saw another group of them flying over. A friend told me she saw three groups fly overhead. She thinks they may be Canadian Geese. What ever they were - I was so happy to be able to have that experience to hear and watch them. It reminded me of how we as Christians can uplift others as we go through life on our journey to heaven. We CAN make a difference in other peoples life's - just by being kind and thoughtful, by having a joyful spirit.

After having this experience I enjoyed a sense of peace and joy that I had not experienced in the last couple of weeks. I have been struggling with a few situations - none of which I can do anything about- which really makes these things heavier to deal with. But by hearing these flocks of birds and feeling closer to God - I felt peace and joy --and it felt good, really good.

I think that it is very good for the soul for us to get out into nature when ever possible so that we can enjoy God's creation- and if we will keep our ears and eyes open - we may be blessed more than we ever even imagined!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)