Thursday, March 26, 2015

Ripping the Scab off too Soon

The past couple of weeks have had me taking my Mother in Law to many different appointments. One of which meant being cooped up in a small room for like about 9-10 hours.
I am thankful that I am available to help her in this area.

So after some testing for several different things- we got some answers this week - some of which we were kind of prepared to hear some of them - not as much as we thought we were. In October my MIL had a heart attack and was taken directly to the hospital and they put a stint in. Well she has been having some issues and so they had her take a nuclear stress test. This week we went in for a follow up and what my MIL thought she would hear was that everything was good and to come back later for a check up - but NOPE it wasn't gonna be that easy. Come to find out the stress test came back abnormal and the Dr is thinking either the stint collapsed or she needs another stint in the same area of the heart. So in just a few short weeks she will having another stint put in.

Then the reason we were at the hospital all day long is that she had to have a biopsy done. Well we got the results of that and sure enough cancer was found. We went to a Dr appointment today - but did not find out anything more and that was disappointing. They are setting her up with an oncologist. So hopefully they can get her in ASAP.

This whole situation with thinking that there was a good possibility of cancer - has opened up fresh wounds for me. It brings back to mind that day. And it brings back the memories of finding out for the first time that no only did I have cancer but that I would require treatment! I was kind of prepared to hear that they had found cancer- I was NOT prepared to find out that it was pretty serious and would require further treatment. I have had to deal with these raw emotions again this week.

I also figured out something - I am thinking that one of the reasons why God allowed me to have cancer is so that I could be more compassionate and supportive to my MIL as she goes through her own "cancer adventure." God has supplied my needs and although I am tired and drained - already - I know that God will continue to give me the strength needed.

My MIL has asked that we not put the information about her having Cancer all over Facebook. And so I am sharing it here because I know that my readers are praying women and that you will lift her up in prayer. She has a lot on her plate right now. She is a real trooper though - and I know she can get through all of this - because as she said - "either way she wins, if she lives - she wins and if she dies."

Anyway I would really appreciate prayers for her and for the rest of the family. I seems like we are being bombarded on all sides. And although I have moments of stress and frustration - I am also experiencing peace - that I know is only from God. Thanks so much for listening. :O)

2 comments:

  1. Praying, for both of you! Jason too!
    Jesus will carry all of you through whatever lies ahead.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. I am thankful that you are feeling peace.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking