Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Catching Up

So to catch you up a bit on what is going on around here. Over the last two weeks or so our area had gotten a little over 4 inches of rain! And actually 14 of the last 16 days we have gotten moisture in the form of rain, ice or snow. We are so thankful for the moisture- since we have been so very dry lately. Many area lakes have risen - but still are below their normal capacities. Yesterday we have rain about all day long. And if I had have been able to stay home - it wouldn't have been so bad - but I needed to take my MIL to a large city nearby to have a nuclear stress test done. We were so thankful that after we parked in the parking garage- and we were standing at the elevator waiting for it- that we noticed a sign that told about a tunnel from the parking garage to the office building nearby. It was nice to be able to get to the building without having to walk out in the rain. The building was only 1/4 of a mile away but it was nicer than walking out in the rain and having to wait at the street till it was clear enough to cross.

Our baby chicks are now about 3 weeks old. Silly girls- On Sunday evening - I looked out there and noticed one of the black chicks was sitting on the top of the metal shelving unit that is turned on its side to house the baby chicks. It is pretty high- but I was not surprised. I had seen some of the chickies sitting on top of the water container. Anyway so we put screen over the top. We will probably have to move them out to the shed in the next week or so. We are hoping for a bit dryer weather and nice weather before we move them out there. They will have a lot more room out there. We will have to do a few little things out there before we can move them. We had it ready for the metal cabinet to be in there - but they will be big enough not to need the cabinet enclosure so we will need to prepare for them to just be in the shed. I will try to get a good photo of them soon. It is hard because of the small area and also the red heat lamps.

Oh I meant to also share that it looks like it might be dry for the next week - and maybe even start getting some sunshine back. I think this winter has had the least amount of sunshine for quite some time. So we all will be so happy to see the sun shining again soon. I can't wait to get to go walking out in the sunshine. I am hoping to be able to go walking today - but not expecting much sun today. It is a bit brighter than it was yesterday - it was "soupy" as my MIL described it.

Well I better close and get busy for the day. I have a lot to catch up on. Hoping you all are doing good. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your chicks are growing fast!
    I am looking forward to pictures.
    The snow is starting to really melt around here...Sasha (the husky) is not very happy about that...she has been laying in whats left of the dwindling snow bank as though she is saying good bye to her beloved snow...She's pretty elderly, so this could be her last snow :(
    I had a checkup with my surgeon yesterday, and it was 46 degrees out and sunny so me and my daughter went to the mall to get a Bible for my oldest granddaughter...It was nice not to need to bundle up to go outside!
    Blessings~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories