Tuesday, March 3, 2015

101 Reason

So sorry I have been so quiet lately. I have been kind of discouraged. Not about any one thing - more like about a mixture of a lot of things. Things like prayers that seem to go unanswered or not answered the way that I really wanted them answered. You know how you get an idea of how things ought to be and when they are not - disappointment comes.
Then there is friendship lost, and just don't know the reason why.
Or my Sabbath School leaders moving to another church and leaving a large void in my life.
Certain aspects of my life - not the way that I had thought they would be.
The healing of my body and the recovery of energy going slower than I wanted.
The weight that I gained during chemo is proving difficult to lose.
And a few other odds and ends - that in of themselves would be ok to handle but mix them in with all the other and it just seems like such a burden.
 
During this time - I am holding onto promises like these:
 
                "For all things work together for good to them that love God,
 to them that are called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28
               
I waited patiently for the Lord;
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.
He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.
He has put a new song in my mouth—
Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the Lord.
Psalms 40:1-3
 
   
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear of your discouragement. I wish I could meet up with you for a cup of tea and a hug. But all I can do is send you a big hug across the miles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, those are all good promises to hold onto.
    I know how it feels when you lose something that really ministered to you, and when you lose a friend for no apparent reason...Both hard.
    May God be ever closer to you at this time, my friend...and I hope that you find some encouragement and inspiration too.
    Blessings & love~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ladies for the encouragement and the prayers! Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories