Friday, July 18, 2014

Uniquely Me - Uniquely You

Yesterday I was challenged by my son's girlfriend to post 5 photos to facebook in which I felt beautiful.
 
My first response was the 1 photo here- I have grown to love this photo of me. I am 12- maybe about to turn 13 in this photo- I love the wind blown - carefreeness of the photo. It is a natural beauty and I love the photo.
 
The one under the that one is one taken of me and my husband just before we got married- maybe a month or so before.
 
The top right one - is after we had been married about 6-7 years. It's a great photo - yes - my husband does not like to smile for cameras and really does not like his photo taken.
 
You all have seen the photo in the middle- taken last year at the Dallas Arboretum. It is such a pleasant photo with all the flowers.
 
And the one that probably was the most shocking one for people to see that I picked out is the bottom right one. But I just had to post it in this bunch of photos. For several months I did not have any hair at all. And Praise the Lord- I was given a spirit of acceptance- this of course was prayed for - and had to be prayed many different times. I would be doing ok with it - and then something would happen and I would need to pray for the acceptance again. And so fast forward a couple of months and my hair is growing back - my eye lashes and eye brows are in nicely and my hair is coming in. And I am SO thankful for it all. Trying to pencil in eye brows is hard - I have sympathy for those who have to do it all the time. I know that putting on make up during the hairless time period was difficult. Many times my husband would hear my frustration and complaints sometimes of how hard it was. Now make up goes on quick and easy. More quickly and more easily than it was... lol
 
One more thing that I would like to share in correlation with this photo being picked as one of my 5 photos in which I feel beautiful. Since I have taken off my hat and begun to live life as normally as possible- there is such a freedom that comes along with it.
 
I have gotten a few stares and weird looks here and there. But the wonderful support that I have gotten from my friends and family has helped give me the confidence to live my life. Don't get me wrong - there are still times - like yesterday when I walked out to the mailbox to get the mail and to bring the trashcan back up to the house - that I feel like I forgot to put the hat on and then braced myself. But over all - I am learning to accept me. Just the way I am. That is all any of us can do. Embrace yourself - learn to love who God created you to be. You may not meet other people's expectations- but that is ok. You weren't meant to. You were created to be you. Uniquely You.
Photo: Great message :0)

5 comments:

  1. Lisa I love your photos and the one taken latest of all compared with the one beside you in the car shows just how little you have changed over the years. You still look young and from the photos you have always looked beautiful.

    I have always had low esteem and I'm not sure I have any photos taken when I thought I looked beautiful. It is our 45th wedding anniversary in a weeks time and I was certainly very happy on that day; so perhaps on the anniversary I will post a wedding photo X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment - that I haven't changed that much - in 26-27 years between those photos- that was so sweet of you. But I just had to respond to your comment- I have struggled my whole entire life with low self esteem also- and I think that is what makes the ability for me to include the photo of me with only a couple months growth of hair is just amazing. It truly goes to show that God will help us to see ourselves with more acceptance -when we ask Him. I still have many times of insecurity- I just don't fit the mold of what beauty is in this world and it is easy to slip back into comparing myself with those standards. Anyway I look forward to seeing your wedding photo! That is awesome that you have been married for 45 years!! That is something to be so proud of these days. Sticking together is the uncommon thing these days. My husband and I will celebrate 26 years next week, on the 22nd. :O)

      Delete
    2. I wasn't just trying to flatter you, when I compared those two photos there was hardly any difference.

      Our anniversaries are just a few days apart! Ours is the 26th July

      Delete
  2. I love these pictures! Thank you for sharing your heart with us through your blog. You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome. God led me to beginning this blog and had called me outside of my comfort zone so many times - but it has done me so much good. And I am so thankful for the people I have been able to meet because of it- like you! :O)

      Delete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision