Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Ugh

 Today is day #42 of triple digit weather for us in Texas :( ugh.... And on the long term weather forecast - it seems that every day will be in the triple digits---for the next 2 weeks. 

I have some tomato plants and some yellow squash plants that I started later than the other things that I am trying to keep alive - so that maybe I can get some things come fall. But I have never done a fall garden before and I find it hard to believe that plants will want to produce after enduring triple digit temperatures. It seems that this year we are at a major disadvantage when it comes to gardening. It is frustrating to say the least. 

Rain? Not a drop since I last wrote. And only .75 inches for the month of July and hardly any in June - we are beyond a drought - have been. Then I hear about the flooding in Kentucky and it is sad....we desperately need rain and then they got too much rain.... And again in the next 2 weeks - hardly any chance at all for rain. 

Sorry for all the negativity, I am thankful for AC - not at all looking forward to seeing our next electric bill or our water bill- both have been the highest we have seen since we have lived here. Still very thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar