Thursday, August 25, 2022

My Best Deal ~ 2 for 1

It's a 2 for 1 day - 2 great deal!!  

Today I promised a great deal that is NOT a baby item. It is something that I have wanted ever since I saw my first one. Funny thing is I had no idea what it was when I first saw it just a few years ago. We were at a museum and it was hanging on the way. I thought it was awesome and have seen a couple here and there at antique stores but they always wanted a pretty penny for them, so I passed them up. But this one I couldn't pass up. 

My husband and I were walking through a local antique mall on our anniversary and all of a sudden I saw it! I picked it up and was debating about getting it or not and my husband took it from me and said we are getting it. He knew I had wanted one for quite some time. 


I love these old rug beaters!! Especially the ones with hearts, my favorite!! I thought the price tag said $17.00 but when I got to the front I got it for $12.00!! Yay!! 

And the 2nd best deal - the comforter in the back ground!!! I was at my local thrift store a couple of weeks ago and they had a black bag full of a comforter, sheets, dust ruffle, pillow shams. I loved the set, especially this comforter. I had been looking at getting one and they were pretty expensive - plus when you buy online you can't feel how it feels. So when I found this set I bought it - i knew it was big so I was figuring queen or king. Well when I got home I discovered the set was a king sized set -but the quilt fits on my bed great! I would rather have overhang then too short - so I kept the comforter and I donated the rest back to the thrift store. I only paid $12.00 for the set and I feel that is an awesome deal for a perfect comforter for my bedroom! It has colors I love in it - especially the greens - that is one of my most favorite colors!! 

One day when I was looking at the comforter I realized that it had the green and purple that match some bathroom towels I had bought from same thrift store months before and I just marveled at the fact that God helped bring all this together without any real effort on my part. What a special gift from God!!  

Have you found any great deals lately? I would love to hear about them in the comments! :O) 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I was able to get to your blog - but I am having issues leaving comments.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar