Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Boy Did We Get Rain!!!

 So it seems I have a bit of "free" time this week. One of our grandsons tested positive for Covid so Mom will stay home and watch him and the baby that I usually watch on Wed-Friday. I say "free" because I do still have SO much to do. There always seems to be things to do around here. But since I needed to get on the internet to take care of a few things, I thought I would come over here for a bit for a chat. 

Sunday night through Monday we got 11-12 inches of rain....wow! We were in desperate need of rain- yes! But we needed a slow steady rain - not a gully washer! Our sunroom had some flooding so I had to work on that throughout the day. 

The positive about the rain is that we are off of the burn ban we were on - so my husband should be able to get my clothes line fixed- it needs to be welded back together. Remember when the tornado went through - several fence panels flew through the garden and one of them knocked the top post off of my clothes line. I will be SO happy to have it fixed and to be able to use it again. With electricity being SO expensive - I have put off washing bedspreads and blankets- to save money. It will be nice to get them washed and also be able to dry my towels and such on the line again. 

The worst part is that the people that put our fence up - put the pickets too close together so that when the boards swelled - they started bowing - and popping off the 2x4- by Monday morning - we had 4 pickets down - 2 next to each other because of the bowing and so I had to go see if I could fix it - to keep my chickens in - and the sad thing is that because the boards had swelled - there was only room for 1 of the boards - since then we have had 8-10 boards pop off and more that are bowed...we are SO disappointed in the work done. We have contacted the company and they have promised several times to come out - but I am not holding my breath. To say the least we will NOT be recommending them at all. 

I honestly figure that this company may have quite a few unhappy customers right now. If there workers put the pickets butt up against each other and on the pickets touching the ground - most of the time like they did ours - then there is more than likely the same issues going on for others as well. 

We are praying that this issue is resolved soon. Please keep us in your prayers. And pray that this company will do us right and any others that have been affected. 

So yesterday afternoon our church put on it's monthly food pantry. For the longest time our numbers were about 30 something families helped. Last month we had reached the highest number of people we have helped - 71!! This means 71 households helped. So this month we were prepared for 70 people to come through the line, but boy were we surprised when there were 108!!! That means 2 1/2 hours of people going through line to get food! The lady that runs it has gotten it so organized and it ran so smoothly. I am SO thankful for all those who come and help out with it. 

Anyway - I do have a lot of things to do today so I better get off of here and get busy. I need to catch up on things I have not been able to do because I was busy with the baby. I will be back to being VERY busy next week, I am sure. 

I hope you all are doing well. :O) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity