Monday, December 6, 2021

Digging Deeper into the book of Psalms... chapter 7

 While reading through Chapter 7 of Psalms, verse 15 grabbed my attention. 

"He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made." KJV

It reminded me of another verse in the Bible that mentions a pit. 

"He lifted me out of the watery pit, 

out of the slimy mud. 

He placed my feet on a rock 

And gave me secure footing." 

Psalms 40:2 NET Bible 

In Ps. 7:15 it is speaking of someone deliberately digging a pit in order to trap something or someone else, but it was actually the one who dug the pit that would fall in. 


Did you know that this idea is spoken of elsewhere in the Bible?  I didn't until I was digging deeper. 

"Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein; and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him. 
Proverbs 26:27 

"He that diggeth a pit shall fall into it; and whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him. " 
Ecclesiastes 10:8

If you would like to look up a few more verses that mention this idea: 

  • Psalms 9:15
  • Psalms 10:2
  • Proverbs 28:10 
We need to be aware that if we do things to harm others, we ourselves could very well be the one that ends up in the pit. 

As I was gathering the verses for this study I realized another important thing for us to remember- If we end up in a pit- no matter if it was our own doing or not - we can call on the LORD. 

"I waited patiently for the LORD; And He inclined unto me, and heard my cry: 
2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings." 
Psalms 40:1-2 KJV 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar