Monday, November 8, 2021

Digging Deeper into the book of Psalms ...chapter 3

 So by now you have probably noticed that I am doing a series on the book of Psalms. I am reading each chapter and doing a in depth study of that chapter. And I am sharing just little tidbits of what stands out to me at the time. There are some many wonderful gems- that it would take several lifetimes to cover them all. So for this series - I will just be picking out what really stood out to me in each chapter. 

This week we are looking at chapter 3 of Psalms. 

As I read through chapter three we see that many are rising up against David and that he cried out to the Lord vs. 4. David realized that prayer can change things. So he prayed and then slept. 

[f]I lay down and slept;
I awoke, for the Lord sustains me

Psalms 3:5

"The first waking thought is one of recognition that God had honored the trust placed in Him." 

"The last thoughts of the night are often the first thoughts of the day."

Because of this how important it must be that we spend out last moments of the day in prayer and thinking on God's Word.  


The Lord’s lovingkindnesses [a]indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
23 
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity