Monday, September 13, 2021

Garden Harvest

So sadly these beautiful photos with the cherry tomatoes are from a couple of weeks ago. Most of my plants ended up with blight and I had to pull them. I have new plants that I will be planting in the garden soon but I only have 3 plants that are not harvesting many tomatoes - So will probably be pulling them soon as well. 

But lucky for me - Okra has been very faithful! I have to pick it every other day - sometimes every day! It is a great crop here in the hot Texas summers. 
And this year was the first time to grow Butternut squash - but I have been pretty pleased with it. I got about 6 total butternut squash - and I think I would have got more had I planted them earlier. 


 I am back to getting jalapeƱos - which is nice. 

And I have swiss chard- yellow and red, kale, and malibar spinach as well! 

This year I have enjoyed my garden more than any year before - because I finally started learning and trying new things. It has been a joy! I look forward to many more things to learn and help improve my garden! :O) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

32: Hope for the Heart