Thursday, January 16, 2020

Way Out of My Comfort Zone

I love my church! There is so much going on. So many different ways to bless others. Another day I may talk more about blessing others but today I want to talk about the small groups that are offered several times a year and especially the one that has taken me out of my comfort zone.

Several times a year they offer new groups - that will last 6 weeks or so. One of the ones offered this month is a Strength Training class. It is being taught by a personal trainer and his wife. Last night was the first class. It surprised me because only about 10 people showed up - mostly people over 50 - with the exception of my son who will be 30 in April. And mostly women - just two men.

So first we did a short warm up and then the class actually consisted of a circuit of things to do around the room. So we each picked something to start with and then worked around the room several times. We got a GOOD work out. And then about 45 minutes later or we went outside for a cool down~ of walking and then walking sideways one direction and then back the other way and then walking backwards. This walking sideways is very important to keep your strength up as you age- I know this is one of the exercises that my Mother in law had to do at Physical Therapy. Anyway - we had a good time. Although I was very leery of how the class would go especially when I saw the equipment - I am so glad I went. I know that each week I will be challenged but one of my goals for the year was to get stronger - so this class will help me towards that goal. Plus what more could I ask for - a free class, taught by a personal trainer - and to be able to do this with a few friends!

Yes, this class is out of my comfort zone but I am sure that it will help me grow on several different levels. I am SO thankful to go to a church that see the importance of providing different ways to get to know each other along with getting to know the Lord. Both are important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity