Monday, January 2, 2023

My Best Deal and A New Favorite Artist

Since I have not been able to keep up a lot of posts for the week - I decided to change my Best Deal Posts to Mondays. This way my posts are spread out a bit. :O) 

So today's Best Deal - is a special one! It is the one where I share about finding a favorite artist. 
Again - I found this at the little thrift store nearby. 

I have learned when looking through Thrift Stores it is best to take your time and go back and check out an area you think you have already checked out. I have been lucky several times lately in fact by doing this. This was one of those times. I found this beautiful piece of art work!!! 
Because of the glass and not having the best lighting in my bathroom - it was super hard to get a good photo of this beauty. So that is why I am sharing 2 different photos of it. 

When I picked it up I knew I loved it but I had NO idea where I would put it and realized that I was at a point where in order to put something new up - I would have to take something down. But that did not stop me. No, I loved this enough to trade it out with something less loved. 


Once I got home I took  a photo of photo of the artists name - so I could enlarge it to see it. 

There was a tag on the back of this that had price tag of $9.99  
How much did I pay? 
$1.00!! 
What a Deal!! 

Paul de Longpre`

Click on his name if you would like to go to wikipedia and read about him. You can also google images of his work. I will now be on the lookout for other art work by him. I am sure I can find more copies of his work if I just keep and eye out - and be willing to spend a bit more for them. At thrift stores you can get great prices - but when something is really pretty - they usually want a bit more $$ - but if I know if it by this artist and I love the artwork - I just might spend the extra money for it!  

Just a little information I found on line I thought I would share. 

He is known for being a painter of flowers which is why I love his artwork so much!! 

So he is now on my list of favorite artists which also includes Thomas Kinkade, The Painter of Light.

My favorite artists:
 *Paul de Longpre` the painter of flowers! 
*Thomas Kinkade the "Painter of Light! 

Who are your favorite artists? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar