Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Jeremiah 15:16

 "Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by they name, O LORD God of hosts." Jeremiah 15:16 KJV 

"Bread of God needed for our souls. We are not to encourage a spirit of enthusiasm that brings zeal for a while, but soon fades away, leaving discouragement and depression. We need the bread of life that comes down from heaven to give life to the soul. Study the Word of God. Do not be controlled by feeling. All who labor in the vineyard of the Lord must learn that feeling is not faith. To be always in a state of elevation is not required. But it is required that we have firm faith in the Word of God as the flesh and blood of Christ. 

Those who do the work of the Lord in our cities must close and bold the doors firmly against excitement and fanaticism. The Word of God is our sanctification and righteousness, because it is spiritual food. To study it is to eat the leaves of the tree of life. Nothing is more uplifting to God's servants than to teach the Scriptures just as Christ taught them. The Word of God contains divine nourishment, which satisfies the appetite for spiritual food". - Letter 17,1902

This is the reason why I like to read verses in several different versions: 

"When your words came to me, I ate them with joy They were the delight of my heart. I accepted them because I wanted to bear your name and be known as yours."  Jeremiah 15:16

Isn't that beautifully stated?! I am so that that we not only have the freedom to have a Bible but that we have the availability of so many different great resources to help as we study the Bible. Such a blessing from God! 

*****************************************************************************

Today our oldest Grandchild/Granddaughter turns 13 years old!! Time really does fly. It seems like it was just several years ago, but oh so much has happened in those 13 years. In just a couple of weeks our youngest grandson will turn 1! Wow! That year has gone quickly as well!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar