Monday, December 23, 2019

Some Rules Have Changed

I'm not the same person I was a year ago. So much has happened this year, I had no choice but to learn some hard lessons. I am a pretty naive person- sometimes it's good, sometimes not so much. Sometimes it just takes me an awful long time to pick up on things. Especially things that are foreign to me.

The last year has caused me to change some of my own rules for myself- rules I wished I had have picked up years ago- it would have saved me a lot of heart ache for sure. This is one reason why I just haven't posted as much lately because I have been processing my thoughts and feelings.

"But if anyone is deficient in wisdom, he should ask God, who gives to all generously and without reprimand, and it will be given him." James 1:5 NET Bible 

I love how the NLT puts it:

"If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking." 

I pray that I comprehend the important lesson that I need to ask God for more wisdom.

I love how this verse points out that God will give us the wisdom without reprimand or rebuke. HE knows we are only human and He wants us to go to Him with all that we need and He will provide.

So although it's been a painful year, with many lessons recognized, I know that I can depend on God to give me wisdom to use the things I have realized this year in order not to have to circle those lessons again. Some lessons are just too painful to have to learn again- it's just easier to implement what I have discovered even though some of them go against what I have done in the past. I am not an old dog that can not learn new tricks. As I continue to seek the Lord He is faithful to teach me the things I need to learn- some lessons are painful but the results in the end will be worth the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity