Thursday, December 26, 2019

Manners?

"Manners: making others comfortable around you" 

 I found this written on a piece of paper in the last book we were studying in Sabbath School. I can't remember why this came up - but I do know that when someone said this I thought it was profound. 

Look up the word Manners on Google and this is what you will find: 


 1a way in which a thing is done or happens.

a person's outward bearing or way of behaving toward others.

You also find questions like:

What are 10 good manners? 
What are some good manners? 
What does having manners mean? 
What are good manners? 
Bad manners? 

I think the quote above best answers the questions - what does having manners mean? 
If we have manners we will make others comfortable around us. So it could also be said that having bad manners make those around us uncomfortable. I think this gives us all something important to think about. Are we behaving towards others in a way that makes them comfortable or uncomfortable? We need to be willing to look honestly at how we treat those around us and how they feel around us. What do we need to change in order to use good manners? These are just some of the things that I am pondering at the moment.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity