Monday, April 1, 2019

Eating From the Rainbow...BLUE/PURPLE/BLACK

Today we are looking at naturally colored - BLUE/PURPLE/BLACK foods.

BLUE/PURPLE/BLACK: 

Bell peppers
Berries(blue, black, boysenberries. huckleberries, marionberries)
Cabbage
Carrots
Cauliflower
Eggplant
Figs
Grapes
Kale
Olives
Plums
Potatoes
Prunes
Raisins
Rice(black or purple)

Benefits:

Anti-Cancer
Anti-Inflammatory
Cell protection
Gastrointestinal health
Heart health
Hormone health
Liver health

*2015 The Institute for Functional Medicine handout

Next time we will be looking at naturally occurring White/Tan/Brown foods

1 comment:

  1. I got to admit this is the color I really get the less of. I prefer green grapes, but I do like raisins. I do like plums though.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

31: Honey, I Love You!