Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Is it beneficial or just how it's always been done?

Sometimes we do things a certain way because that is how we have always done them. Not because it is the best way to do them or that they were beneficial for us to do.

Sometimes we have to step back and reevaluate how we do things - what is working and what isn't. Then make the appropriate changes.

Last week I went to Sprouts. For those of you who are not lucky enough to have a Sprouts store- it is like a farmers market with lots of great produce and health foods - this is where I get my tahini and my boxed fake milk. I love this store - they have awesome deals- last week I was able to get
Cucumbers, red bell peppers, green bell peppers, avocados - all for 3/$1.00!! I love this store, even though it is a good 30 plus minutes from my house - I am starting to do my best to get up there at least every other week!

I posted on Facebook how I loved Sprouts and I wished they would build one closer to where I live. Some people I know own a health food store that is about a 15 minute drive or so from my house. I enjoy going there for a few items but they do not have much in the way of produce. Under my post about Sprouts on Facebook - the wife posted that it would not be good for them if a Sprouts was in our area. I began to think of the differences of the stores and why I really like Sprouts. And I figured out one main difference. The nutrition store nearby - uses a weird way to price things - they have white tags- and orange tags. The orange ones are the actual price. The white tags mean that you are suppose to take 10% off. The orange tag means they already took the 10% off. I understand when they first started pricing things this way - it worked great and it might really inspire others to buy things based on this type pricing - but for me - I would rather they just price things what the price is and make it easier for us all to know how much we are really paying for the item. Anyway this is an example of how it might be a good idea for them to step back and reevaluate how they do things at their store.

In my own personal life I have to step back and reevaluate what I am doing. Figuring out what is working and what is not. If what I am doing beneficial or just how I have done things? Some things I am able to solve pretty easily - others - I am still struggling with. But I have faith that one day I will have figured out the best thing to do.

****************************
So this post was actually written most of the way up several weeks ago. Yesterday I went to Sprouts again and will try to have a post about it to share with you soon. I found a great deal and tried something new - and I love it! See you soon. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

31: Honey, I Love You!