Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Healthy Tidbits ~ Do You Want Strong Bones?

So in the post "What Causes Weak Bone?" we found out what causes weak bones. Today we want to look at a few things that will help us to have strong bones.

Weight bearing exercising - walking is good and works the big muscles of the legs, but you also need to include into your weekly schedule time to work out with hand weights. I have shared before but I will share again about a great resource - Rise Up Ministries has 7 - 30 minute workouts available- I believe 5 of which are with hand weights. Try to work out with weights at least 2 times a week for stronger bones.

Here is a great list of sources of calcium that you can get from a plant based diet.

Be sure and get sunshine so you can get ;your Vit. D and if you don't think you are getting enough - you may want to take a supplement 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

31: Honey, I Love You!