Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Eating From the Rainbow ....WHITE/TAN/BROWN)

So today we will be finishing up our Eating From the Rainbow series with our white/tan/brown foods. This is our largest group of foods. Sorry it has taken me so long to get this typed up and posted. First I wasn't feeling good and then the weather has been so gorgeous I have wanted to be out in it walking and working in the yard.

White/Tan/Brown:

Apples
Applesauce
Bean dips
Cauliflower
Coconut
Dates
Garlic
Ginger
Jicama
Legumes(chickpeas, dried beans or peas, hummus, lentils, peanuts, refried beans-low-fat or no fat preferred)
Mushrooms
Nuts(almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts)
Onions
Pears
Seeds(flax, hemp, pumpkin, sesame, sunflower)
Shallots
Soy
Tahini
Whole Grains(barley, brown rice, oats, quinoa, rye, spelt, wheat)

Benefits:   
Anti-cancer
Anti-microbial
Cell protection
Gastrointestinal health
Heart health
Hormone health
Liver health

*Information from the 2015 The Institute for Functional Medicine handout.

I hope you are all doing well. I am hoping to go get another great walk in today. The sun is shining and it is quite nice out right now - mid-60's - highs will be in the upper 80's today and again tomorrow. Spring in Texas can be quite warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

32: Hope for the Heart