Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Thrifted Outfits...a morning at the hospital

I shared last time that I am looking for blogs that share thrifty outfits,;I would like to expound on what I am looking for or maybe what I am not looking for. I would love to find some blogs where people share their outfits and the deals they found at thrift stores and such. But I don't really want blog that the people are doing it to make money - because then there is all sorts of advertising, that is no what I am looking for. What I am looking for is what I am now offering here at my blog when I can and that is a real live person who shops at thrift stores and how they put their outfits together. It encourages me to see other people who also utilize thrift stores and goodwills. If you know of some blogs like this I would sure appreciate you leaving me a comment letting me know- I know there are several readers here who are also interested in this type of a blog. So on today's edition of Thrifty Outfits.

Tuesday morning started out cool at about 58 degrees or so which called for jeans. Later in the day it would reach the 80 degree mark - so a short sleeved top would be the best choice.

In February I found this awesome pair of St. John's Bay nwot pair of jeans at a local pregnancy aid store. There prices are many times a bit higher than other stores I shop at but when I found these jeans that looked brand new without tags(nwot=new without tags) I decided to buy them even though they cost me $8.00.

In January I found this top - a brand I had never heard of before "Behind the Seams" was found at a local Goodwill store and cost me $4.49.

Outfit cost= $12.49

Shoes are not included in the cost of my outfit. I wear tennis shoes most of the time because for way TOO many years I wore cheap shoes and damage was done to me feet. I need good fitting shoes with arch support. That is another reason why I am SO excited when I find good dress shoes that I can wear that don't hurt my feet- and especially for good deals. I found a great pair of black heels- and only paid $1.00. Be watching outfit photos and I am sure you will soon see them!!
************************************

I will try to post my next Thrifty Outfit post on Friday. But please be aware - I may not be able to do an outfit photo several times a week- every week. It is just that I have had several things to do this week that has gotten me out around better mirrors for taking photos.  But be sure and stop by and check things out before then- I am sure I will get a post or two put up between now and then. :O)


1 comment:

  1. Cute outfit! Looks comfortable and like something you can have a busy day in and still look nice. And I think $8 is truly a good deal on the jeans, that looked like brand new, especially when you think about the cost if they had been brand new in a retail store! Probably at least $25-40!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)