Tuesday, April 24, 2018

prayers for safe travels

By the time that this is posted my husband and I will be on our way to a hospital that is about an hour away. I am dreading this trip because not only will my husband be having two tests while knocked out, I will be the one that will be responsible for getting him home. This big city has some very narrow roads and some crazy drivers and I have never driven that close to downtown before. There are many one way streets that make maneuvering around a challenge. You drive in one way and drive out making what feels like twists and turns that makes you feel like you are going in circles. Please be praying for safe travels for us and that my husbands tests go smoothly. Thank you so very much.

In other news, I am feeling a bit blue; Well more than a bit really. Yesterday (Monday evening) we gave our remaining grown chicken "Naughty" away. I hated to do it. She is actually one of the toughest chickens that we have had. She is a renegade chicken- coming and going as she pleased. She was not confined by fences, nope. She loved to roost in the top of a large oak tree in our back yard. It wasn't uncommon to see her in the front yard, or even the neighbors yards eating and exploring. All of these things are really why we had to get rid of her. Had our baby chicks seen her fly over the fence, they too would have thought it was alright to do so. The other reason we had to get rid of her is because she loved to take dirt baths in my garden boxes- so I haven't been able to plant anything yet because she would have just messed it up. My husband and I have some catching up to do with our garden now.I'm hoping that we can at least get yellow squash, cherry tomato plants, and okra planted. I'm sure we will do more but those are the main things that we know that usually do well. I'm praying we have a good year with a decent amount of produce.

Well I better close tomorrow will be a big day and I have things I want to do to get ready. Hope y'all have a great day!! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories