Friday, September 25, 2015

The Weed-eating of Me

I spent some time weed eating this week. And every time that I weed eat I have a wonderful feeling of accomplishment. I guess it is because with weed eating you can see the difference you are making. It is not always like that with other household jobs, you know - you wash dishes and in just a few hours there are dirty dishes again. You wash clothes and everything is clean - but is it? No- you have clothes on that will soon be in that clothes hamper. But with weed eating you are able to see the difference that your effort is making.

When you mow your yard and it looks nice - but weed eating takes it to another level. It cleans away all the tall stuff around your flower beds, along fences and such. As I was weed eating I wondered if God feels the same way when He is working with us in order to remove this and that unsightly characteristic.

I enjoy weed eating my yard. The weed eating of me? Not so much. It is painful but if it shapes me and makes me into a beautiful masterpiece that God wants me to be then I am thankful that God takes the time to clean away all the dross in my life.  :O)

**************************************
Be sure to stop by tomorrow because I am starting a new series - every Sabbath I will post some great quotes on prayer. Have a great day! :O)

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)