Wednesday, September 23, 2015

A Battered Sheep, but His Sheep just the same

So I couldn't remember if I shared with you all my last BOM- the last one for this year. Next month I will begin a new year with new colors~ black, grey, yellow and white is the choice that I picked. The other choice was country colors. I am sure that the country colors one will be really pretty but I could only choose one so I went with the one that was different.
 
Here are the fabrics before I cut them out:
Here is the finished block: 

Yesterday I had a dental appointment. I decided that once the dental appointment was over to treat myself to a trip to the Quilt Store. I had been gifted a gift certificate and then I also had a $20.00 of free fabric once you get all the amounts on the punch card stamped. So with that money - plus less than $20.00 out of pocket I got the fabric to put my Butterfly fabric quilt together:
This set of fabrics will be what I use to put the current fabrics together with. I think that the current colors could be described as country colors. 
 I also have a set of Fall blocks that I have had finished for at least 4+ years. Well I found some fabulous fabric to put the blocks together with. I not really thought that I liked the blocks until I found this great fabric!
This Morning my Mother and I went to an Estate Sale. Believe it or not I had never been to one before. I was a bit disappointed in how pricy things were. But I did find a couple of great deals.
I have wanted a quick and easy mop for a long time. I really wanted one that I could make up my own cleaning solution so that it would be safer for my pets. Anyway I found one at this estate sale. It is a Rubbermaid Reveal spray mop. It had a removeable/washable pad on it so I can wash it. I could also order more if I would like. I found several books and a couple of boxes of cards. I had found a great lace table cloth - but they wanted too much money for it as especially when I was not sure that it would fit my table. Here is a photo of the mop that I found.:

I am a bit discouraged today. This morning I did my devotionals and actually had a really good devotional time. I got dressed in my clothes from yesterday and I went to take care of my outside animals. As I glanced out the backdoor window - I noticed a pile of white feathers on the back porch- that was odd. And I looked around and noticed I only had 3 chickens that had come to eat. My heart started racing, "had we lost 3 more chickens?" I went around the back yard looking for the chickens- did not find any. Then I went out front and around to our neighbors yard and I was so happy to find Donna(black) and Fancy(Easter chicken) over there. I went and got my drill and removed 2 of the fence slats and after quite some time I finally got the two chickens back into our yard. I still have not found the white chicken that is missing. Another one of our white chickens has quite a bit of it's tail feathers missing. I have no clue as to what got it and I have no idea what happened to it. I feel a little like that battered chicken though. We have had chickens for so long and we never, up until the last month, had this much trouble keeping them alive and well. I feel battered. I am trying not to allow myself to be discouraged and I am trying to trust that God is in control but I just feel a heaviness.
 
I have been singing this song a lot today.  You can click over and actually hear the tune so you can sing along with it as well. I hope it blesses you.
 

His Sheep am I

In God's green pastures feeding, by His cool waters lie;
Soft in the evening walk my Lord and I.
All the sheep of His pastures fare so wondrously fine,
His sheep am I.
Waters cool, (In the valley)
Pastures green, (On the mountain)
In the evening walk my Lord and I;
             (In the evening walk my Lord and I)
Dark the night, (In the valley)
Rough the way, (On the mountain)
Step by step my Lord and I.
              (Step by step my Lord and I)
 

3 comments:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision