Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Project Blocks...

Ok - I have a bit of a problem and I wanted to share with you all. I would like to see if anyone else has this problem? Or am I the only one? Sometimes I tend to get an idea of what I really want to get done and then if something happens that causes me not to be able to do what ever it was - I get a little stopped up in being able to more on and do other things. I will give an example to make it easier to understand what I am trying to explain. So yesterday I decided that the most important things that I wanted to get done today was to get my back yard mowed and then work in the chicken coop and pen- scooping out the excess dirt/dried poop/whatever. So after my devotions and quiet time I got ready and went out to get the yard mowed, but I could not get the mower going. And it just made it so hard to move on and do other things because that was something I REALLY wanted to get done today. Thankfully after working on scooping stuff up out of the chicken coop and pen I was able to spend some time sitting on my back porch and that helped me to be able to realize - ok - this is not the end of the world. I can get other things done - and when my husband gets home - he can help me with the mower and I get my mowing done tomorrow. Anyway this is not the first time that this kind of thing has happened. It seems that when I am inspired to do something that I just really like to follow through and do it and then move on to the next project. Thankfully I am able to get other things done. And I was able to get some weed eating done in the back yard so that was really nice.
 
Another example is that a couple of weeks ago a friend on Facebook shared how she had gotten a fingernail polish holder and had hung it on her wall and used it to hold her essential oils. Well ever since then I have really wanted to do that. It would really help clear up the area that I store my oils and help that area look nicer. So I have been watching for one of the holders- no luck yet but I haven't given up. But just having that hang over me make me feel like I can not be as creative because I have not been able to complete that project yet. I did find a cute 2 shelved wooden little cabinet at a nearby thrift store and I am going to measure my bottles to see if I could use it for my oils and then have my husband go with me to see if it would be a good idea to use for my oils or not- if it is still there the next time we go.
 
Well I am still being able to get things done- just not exactly the main things that I wanted to get done this week. This week I was able to take these fabrics:
And make them into this: 
 
I have really felt the desire to wear more skirts and blouses my biggest problem is that I have problems with my feet and really need good supportive shoes. So it makes it hard. So I am on the look out for some great, comfortable, and great support shoes to wear with dresses and skirts. If any of you have any ideas of some great shoes - please leave me comments with info. All the help in this area that I can get the better. I have recently found two great skirts - a black and a jean skirt - so I have a couple of great outfits that I could wear if I could find some great comfortable shoes.

Well I hope you all are doing well. I better close for now and get on with my list of things that I want to accomplish today. :O)
 

5 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I am the same way when I want to get a project done! And I also need to realize that I can be flexible and get the project done another day if needed.

    I have also been wearing more skirts lately, so I understand the shoe problem! And I have in the past had LOTS of foot pain, so I also need very good supportive shoes. I have found a solution for me--but I am warning you it is not cheap! My foot doctor told me about Clark brand shoes. Not ALL of them are good--some are very high heels, etc. that are not comfortable and good for your feet. But lots of them are very good. If you cannot find a Clark shoe store at a mall near you, you can also order online from their web site and return for free I believe any that do not fit you. I did this this summer--ordered online, and just kept the ones that fit me well. For me, I do have a shoe store I can get to so I just returned the ones I didn't want to the store. But I am pretty sure you can get free return shipping. For my feet, I tend to wear a half size or even a whole size larger in the Clark shoes than I normally do, so the sizing may vary a little bit. Their shoes are normally around $100-129 or so--terrible, I know, but this summer they had a sale going on where a lot of their styles were two pairs for $100. Still a lot of money, but I felt worth it considering how much they normally are. I will buy my clothes at thrift stores for just a few dollars--but spend lots on my shoes. Not because I want to spend lots, but because I have had such pain in the past, and I am now wearing better shoes and I am pain free--yea! And I want to stay that way! So if you have any clothing dollars to spend, I say spend them on your feet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi my dear
    I'm Ahmad from Luxor - Egypt
    how are U ??

    My Email:rashidyahmad@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Clarks! If you search on amazon, you can find them for much less. They make clogs that aren't clunky and look cute with skirts - usual price is $60-80 but you can find them on Amazon for much less, and they last a long time.
    Nita in SC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ladies! This is so awesome - on Labor Day my sister and I went thrift store shopping and guess what I found - a pair of Clark Shoes- kind of Mary Jane style in brown - for 7.99. Now seeing the brand new prices of the shoes- I got an excellent deal. And I couldn't resist- I went to Amazon and ordered a pair of black shoes! I can not wait to get them. I am hoping I ordered the right size. I have wide width feet. :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking