Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Where are You on the Stair Steps to Christ?

Today I am sharing a little of what I have been reading in the book I am reading. "To Know God- A 5-day Plan." by Morris Vendon. This is such a great book. It is not a very long book- but it is very full of wonderful information about the gospel. I am not rushing through this book. This is the kind of book that you read a little and savor it for a bit, before you move on. I just finished day 2 yesterday. I am hoping to find some more copies of this book - and that way if any of you are interested in it - I can mail it to you. I hope you are blessed with what I am sharing today.
***************************************************************************
"..in the process of being drawn to Christ there are certain steps that we take in coming to Him.
 First, there is a desire for something better.
Second, there comes a knowledge of what it is that's better.
Third, comes the conviction that we are sinners.
Fourth, we are brought to realize that we are helpless to do anything at all about our condition.
 And finally, we give up- it's called "surrender" in Christian circles.
 We give up on ever being able to save ourselves,
 and then we can come to Christ just as we are."
pg.30-31.


"Perhaps you have seen which of the steps to Christ you are on. Do you realize a desire for something better? Do you realize that God is love and that Jesus died for you? Do you realize that you are a sinner? Do you realize that you are helpless to do anything about it? And have you come to the point of giving up on ever being able to do anything about it? Then you can come to Jesus, just as you are, because those are the steps to Him. God is drawing you to Him, and you can respond, and continue to come to Him tomorrow morning and the next, until Jesus Himself comes again."
 pg 41(this is what is written on the page above- under the stairs.)
***************************************************************
By the way, I am going to have my MRI this morning. Please pray that if there is a problem that it will show up on the MRI. And I am praying that what ever the problem is - will be an easy fix. I need prayers for wisdom to know the best route at taking care of the problem.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! It does seem like a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful. You find the greatest, soul lifting books. Thank you for sharing this and causing my heart to think.

    I have been praying for all your tests to be good. May you be blessed with freedom from worry and good health. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking