Thursday, October 12, 2023

You Used These Herbs for What?

 

When I had covid - two of my friends were concerned about me. Not only did I get a jar of natural antibiotics which helped me regain my sense of taste and smell. But they also helped me get ingredients together to make a recipe to do a steam treatment. 

Here is the recipe for this: 

Herbal Face Steam for Congestion 

1 T. Thyme 

1 T. Rosemary 

1 T. Basil 

1 T. Oregano 

1 T. Peppermint 

1 T. eucalyptus 

1 T. Lavender flower

Put about an inch of water into the bottom of a large pot and bring to a boil. Add the ingredients and cover with lid and let sit for 1-2 minutes. 

What I did was set some potholders on my table. Get a towel and have ready. Remove the lid, Bring the pot to the table. Put the towel on the table on the other side of the pot. Sit down and lean your head over the pan and bring the towel up over your head. You want the steam to come into your face so you can breath in the steam. You will want to do this for 10 minutes. 

I believe my friend got this recipe from Wellnessmama.com  you can click on link to find out more about the recipe and tips about it. 

So as my friends and I were texting - I realized I did not have lavender flowers or peppermint. So my other friend sent over jars with them. For the eucalyptus I used 2 drops of essential oil. So I only did this treatment on the day that I started the natural antibiotics - and I could NOT smell a thing. I did feel like it helped me though- at least be able to breath a little better. So it would be helpful to have this recipe for something like it on hand. It says on the website that you can use what ever of these you have because not everyone will have all things listed. And if you need to you can do what I did an use a drop or 2 of an essential oil of these things listed. 

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I've not been blogging for a long time, but now I'm back! I need to read through your posts to catch up on what's going on in your life!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity