Monday, May 2, 2022

Don't Wreck Your Witness

 At the beginning of March I had an appointment to get my teeth cleaned. Since I had been having issues with grinding my teeth - they ended up fitting me for a mouth guard at the end of my appointment. I paid my part of it and was told it would probably take a couple of weeks to come in. 

Fast forward a month later- since I had not heard anything from the dentist office about my mouth guard - I decided to call in and ask about it. First I asked how long it should take and sure enough she said about 2 weeks - so I explained the situation with her that it had now been over a month and I had not heard anything at all. She then told me that they had tried to contact me. Well the truth is that we have caller ID and answering machine and NO we had not gotten any phone calls from them - nor had they tried to contact us through our cell phones - which they do to remind us about appointments. I was not too happy about not only not being called about it being there and ready to be picked up but also about the fact that instead of just saying sorry they had not called - she proceeded to lie. We then set up an appointment for me to go pick it up. I had been pretty upset about it and had thought about putting in a complaint about it when I went in for my appointment. 

Well the day of the appointment came and thankfully I decided NOT to mention it because as I talked to the dental assistant - I realized that my witness would have been wrecked had I gotten ugly about it. This situation was a very good reminder to me that I need to remember that whether I know it or not - my behavior is a powerful demonstration of who I am. It can also negate any positive influence I may have when I allow myself to get ugly with people. So I wanted to share this experience with you all as a reminder and also as a reminder for myself as well. :O) 

********************************************************************

By the way - I have an appointment with a Cardiologist this morning - I would really appreciate it if you would keep me in your prayers. I am nervous about it. Thank you so much! :O) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity