Sunday, November 29, 2015

So...It's Been a While

So I have been awfully quiet lately - not just on line but off line as well. I have a lot of issues going on in my mind and just trying to get my thoughts sorted out. Some I can share some I can't. But I thought today I would do a bit of a catch up type of post. And I am sorry if I repeat stuff that I have already shared. I think to myself - oh I should post about this or that- and so I don't know if I actually did- or if I just thought about doing it. lol :o)

So Thanksgiving...How did yours go? Mine- well by the end of the day I was tired and not in a good place - but as I think back over Thanksgiving I am very thankful. We are very blessed and even though the day was busy and involved a lot of work and driving back and forth several times and I didn't have much time to reflect on what I was thankful for - I was very blessed! My Mother in law has always made sure that there was a Thanksgiving meal - and that everyone was welcome, even this year - 1 month out from her latest surgery - a major surgery that put her colon back together. And incision all the way down the front of her. Yes- it left more work for the rest of us - but as I reflect on it - I realize that it is just another way that I can bless her and show her Jesus' love.

And besides, God never meant for us to just reflect on what we are thankful for on one day of the year!

Rejoice evermore.
17. Pray without ceasing.
18. In everything give thanks:
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
 
 
So what else is going on? Well this week I have a sleep study. I am NOT looking forward to it at all. I had wanted to do the home sleep study but was told I don't qualify. At first I was aggravated about it but after she explained that it is actually better to do the test there- they test for many more problems when you are at their facilities. And then when you go back in(yes - about a week or so after the first night - I will have to go back for another night) they have you use what ever device that they think will fix what ever problem you have. If you have the at home study- the insurance company things that you should just get the product and use it. And I was told this can be dangerous. It is much better to have someone monitoring you that first night - making what ever adjustments that need to be made. So I am ok with it. And actually can't wait for it to be behind me. When I think back to last year and ALL the things I went through - this is really a minor thing, but it is out of my comfort zone - so I am a little nervous about it. I have a hard time sleeping when I am away from home - so I figure it will be a night that I won't get much sleep. But I need answers. Why am I tired all the time? Plus - my husband recorded me sleeping and I am doing some snoring and then every little bit I am moving - like I stopped breathing and I am trying to get a breath. So no wonder I am not getting much real good, deep sleep, no wonder I am tired all the time. I just hope that we can come up with answers and with something to help me.

We have official made a record here in Texas this year! This has been the wettest year on record! Oh Friday I dumped our rain gauge - it was at 5 1/2 inches - and then yesterday my son dumped it again 2 1/2 inches. Haven't checked it yet today. So just in two days we got at least 8 inches of rain. I am SO thankful for the rain but I would have been much happier for it back when it could have saved my favorite tree, that we lost a couple of years ago.

Well that is all I can think of at this time. I hope you all are doing well. Have a great day! I think we are going to get out tree out and get it decorated. I actually have a few presents so I can get them wrapped and under the tree when I get a chance. We still have a good amount of shopping to do but we are doing quite good on presents bought already and it is not even December yet! Waiting on some inspiration for gifts for a couple of my harder to get for people.

Oh and Susan posted her next installment on the Prayer Journal series she is doing. Be sure and check it out- She has a very clever set up. And like she said adjust things to make this journal work for you. I think it will be a treasured journal for years to come.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! I sure understand stuff being on your mind~ When I get like that, I don't communicate much either~ Prayings things go well with you and with your sleep study~ I need one, but I always chicken out~ If you do good, that might encourage me! Love the verses~ Hugs~

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)