Thursday, November 12, 2015

That's When It Happened... A Clever Idea

So a lady I know had shared on Facebook about how she organized her essential oils in a nail polish wall hanging rack. I thought it was an awesome idea. It would beat all of mine just huddled together in an out of the way -still causing some clutter for the view kind of way.

So because I thought it was a great idea - I started looking on the internet for them. Goodness- they can cost quite a bit. And being that I am kind of cheap - I decided to start looking at thrift stores for some kind of way to store my oils. About a month ago I thought I had found a great little shelf for them at a little thrift store. I had planned on taking a photo of it and sending it to my husband to ask him if he thought he could secure it to the wall sturdy enough to hold my oils. Well I got distracted by something and ended up leaving it behind. The next time I went in I looked for it but it was gone. I was disappointed. I continued looking for something that would work, but was not successful until this last Tuesday. That is when it happened! I actually found the exact same shelf I had seen a month ago and had thought it would work perfectly:
 
With two screws at the top and on in the middle towards the bottom of the shelf, it is securely mounted to the wall. The doors can be opened with ease - not disturbing anything inside.  
 Here is my oils collection. Oh I do have a lavender one also but we keep it in my room - because we diffuse that one in the evenings.
I am hoping, someday to find a great book that tells about what oils to use for what? But until them I just either look at the bottles and find suggestions or look on the internet.

Well I thought this was a special gift from God. He knew that it would work perfectly and by the way - the best part of the whole things - I ONLY had to pay $1.00!!! Yep - $1.00 - that is no typo. What a blessing!!
********************************
It's been a busy week and looks like it will be busy next week as well. Some of the things I have going next week: my Bible Study group, Helping with the Food Bank at my church, my MIL birthday, my appointment with my oncologist(please pray it goes well), taking my MIL to a Dr appointment, and then preparing for the week long visit with our granddaughter. Our son will get SweetPea for the whole week- I will take care of her while he works. It will be a fun week. So I will be busy for the next two weeks. I am hoping to at least get my basic posts up - Power of Prayer and Heart Gifts. I will also try to pop in when ever I can. I will at least jump on and let you all know how my oncology visit goes - this will be my 1 1/2 years since the end of chemo!! Praising God for that!

Oh I got a hair cut this week and each time my hair it getting closer and closer to where it was before losing my hair- the front has already arrived - it's just taking the back a little more time. I don't plan on cutting any length (other than cleaning up split ends) off until next summer. May not do it even then. Don't know yet. I have just been forced into short hair so long - I am ready for it to be long again. Thankful for my hair!!!

Hope you all are doing well. :O)

3 comments:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)