Friday, September 16, 2022

Don't Be A Piranha

Something happened this week that make me think that I needed to write a blog post about this and use this title. You will see- it is a very appropriate title. 
So Wednesday our 8 1/2 month old grandson had a surgery to get circumcised. My daughter-in-law put a post up on Facebook asking for prayers for their little guy. It was accidently on public status. Well apparently there are quite a few people who sit around and search the word circumcision and not too much time had passed before they had at least 5 plus ugly comments- telling them what they should do. 

Really? I don't get why people have so much hate in their hearts to go around and tell perfect strangers what they should or should not do. It is very nasty and comes from a heart full of hate. This is why I thought of the title. We may have beliefs that are different from other people but that give us NO right to try to make other people have the same beliefs we do. 

Now I understand there are some salvational issues out there - but even then - being hateful and forceful will NEVER win people to Jesus. Plus it is NOT the way that Jesus behaved himself- so why, if we are to reflect the character of Jesus would we think that it would be right to hatefully push our views on other people and force them to do things the way we think they should be done. 

My son and his wife deleted the ugly comments and changed the post to private. It is truly sad to live in a world where ugliness is so rampant. That people would be searching out words- in order to attack those that believe differently than they do. 

So please keep this simple message in mind. Please don't be a piranha. It's just not a nice way to behave. 
***********************************************************************

So if you are still reading - I would like to ask if you would keep my husband in your prayers. Today he will have a scope - to check on his Barretts Esophagus. About 7 years ago or so he had precancerous cells and it has been at least 3 years since he has had a scope done to check it out. Please pray he is till cancer free. Thank you so much. If you have any prayer request feel free to leave a comment for me. Thank you! :O) 

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity