Tuesday, April 5, 2022

It Shook Me Up - BIG TIME

 So at about 11pm last night I was woke up to a tornado going through. We lost about 200 ft or more of our wooden fence - poor chickens - they have to stay in their pen till we can get some chicken wire fencing up for them and another section on the other side of the yard fixed. 

We did not have power for like 6 hours - so of course we had a hard time sleeping - we were up for a couple of hours with all the stress. My husband was able to see some of the damage - but did not realize the whole extent of damage till this morning when the sun came out. 

Lots of damage to my garden area - fence panels were actually lifted and taken 50 feet or so - over a metal fence that divided chicken yard from garden - and then damaged my cattle panels that were up on tee posts - 5 of the 6 cattle panels are down - a couple of tee posts are actually bent! 

A metal shed was flipped onto its back and moved away from where it had been. 

Our front yard looks like a shingles cemetary. 

A large branch from tree in front yard was down - over our driveway. 

I will try to share some photos as I can. Right now we are trying to get things take care of so that the chickens can have a bit more freedom. 

I will also need to update you all on my ER visit a week ago or so and the follow ups needed for that. For now just know I will try to get on here and up date when I can. 


1 comment:

  1. Praise God you are alright! Is your house damaged? I hope not, but am assuming you probably lost shingles as well. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity