Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Could This Be The Word Of The Year?

One day as I was working on cleaning up my garden area - I realized that this tornado had really been traumatic for me. Being woken up to the scary noises and the power going out and trying to figure out what was going on, caused me to start shaking and it lasted for about 20 minutes. My husband got a big flashlight and he was trying to see what damage he could see.

We turned on the ham radio to the weather net and listened to the reports of things going on and at first what I thought was that there was another tornado headed our direction - and that added to my fear. 

There has been a lot of clean up. Yes- It could have been so much worse, but that does NOT diminish the facts that it is still a traumatic experience. Something so powerful can in seconds, without warning rip through and cause so much damage and you are powerless.

I now know that I will be someone who can sympathize with those who likewise go through a tornado. I have been sad for them in the past, of course, but once you have been through it - you can truly have compassion.

So will "Compassion" be my word for the year? I don't know but I do believe it will at least be the word for the month! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar