Monday, February 25, 2019

Vegan 101~ Scrambled "Eggs"

It has been several weeks since I went to my last Vegan 101 class - but I have been so busy I just have not had a chance to get on here and put together a post. Well I decided today was the day to finally get this typed up for you all. I hope you enjoy! 

We had breakfast. 

Simple and Easy Eggless Scrambled "Eggs" 


1 16 ounce block firm tofu 
1 med. onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 med. tomato, diced
1 T. olive oil 
2 T. Nutritional yeast flakes 
1 T. Chicken-style seasoning 
1/2 tsp. tumeric 
Dash of lemon juice crystals 
salt to taste 

1. Rinse tofu and pat dry with paper towel. Put in a bowl and crumble it using a fork or potato masher or your hands. 
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute until soft. Add tomatoes and mix well. 
3. Add crumbled tofu, seasonings and tumeric. Stir and cook until tofu is well mixed with the other ingredients and flavors are well blended. Add the lemon crystals and salt to taste.
You can serve on toast or over cooked brown rice or eat it as is. 

Now if you don't have tofu you can make the same recipe using garbanzo beans instead- just smash up about half of the beans and proceed with the above recipe. 
 I really enjoyed both ways this was made.

If you are like me - this is the first time you have heard about Lemon Crystals - this is what the container looks like - it is sold at Walmart. I have not looked for it yet so I can not give any information about where you would find it in the store. If I find it I will try to do a post about it later to share more. 

Here was the whole spread. She made Waffles using pinto beans - what a great way to add fiber to your waffles- and they were very good!! And she made a delicious fruit topping to pot over the top of the waffles. Everything was very good! I had a friend go that is not even a vegetarian and she really enjoyed all the food as well - and that says alot! :O) 

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks great! Do you have a recipe you can share on the waffles with pinto beans in them? I would LOVE to try them, as I am really trying to get more beans into my daily eating!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)