Monday, February 11, 2019

Lots of Pop Quizzes

Have you noticed that God loves to quiz us? I sure have. I have been involved with several small groups at my new church. "Uninvited" study group has been a challenge for me- especially the quizzes that have come along ever since this study group began.

The study "Uninvited"  is basically a study about learning to "Living Loved. When you feel less than, left out and lonely." It is about filling your emptiness with the fullness of God. It is a great study - I highly recommend anyone to do this study if you get a chance.

At our first session - as we went around the room - one lady said she really didn't know for sure why she was there and said she did not feel any rejection in her life. By the next session, a week later, she shared a situation in which she totally understood why God had led her to our group.

I think that most everyone has experienced some sort of rejection sometime in their lives. Rejection can cause us to have hurt so deep inside of us that when other people come along and say or do something that pushes those buttons of rejection - we react - we react because of the past hurts. When we realize that we are doing this - we can take those hurts to God and allow Him to heal us. And in this study that I am doing, reminds us that we need to be SO filled with Jesus Christ that the unkind words or deeds that hurt us so much - don't have the power to have the same effect on us any more.

As I mentioned earlier - it seems that God has given me(and others in my group) plenty of opportunities to practice what we are learning. We are facing situations in which we feel rejected. Lots of pop quizzes going on. Sadly I have to admit to not always passing these pop quizzes. Thankfully the Teacher also extents a whole lot of Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)