Friday, February 2, 2018

Sometimes you have to lose something to truly appreciate it

Sometimes you have to lose something to truly appreciate it. I know that's how it was with my hair. I had loved my hair before the adventure with chemo, but it was only after that time period that I truly was grateful to have hair.

Well last night I had the opportunity to truly appreciate something else that I have taken for granted. At 2:15am I was awoken by my husband opening the closet that houses our heater unit. He pointed out that the temperature in the house was below where we had the heater set, but the unit was not going. It was making a weird noise and I could smell the kind of burning smell that you smell at the beginning of the season when you turn your heater on. For an hour we messed with this and that to see if we could fix it. My husband also went up in the attic to check to make sure there wasn't a fire.

It took a while to get back to sleep after being up and being stressed. Thankfully my husband was able to go get the part needed from a business nearby and get the heater going by about 9am.

Did I mention that last night it got down to 32 degrees and it felt like it was 25 degrees? Yeah... The several nights before that night- the temps hadn't gotten that low. Too bad the heater didn't do out on one of the other nights. Oh well. It is done and fixed now so I'm just gonna praise God that my husband was able to fix it and that we didn't have to spend any more than a half of night being cold.

You can be sure that tonight when I say my prayer, I will include a big thank you for heat and protection from any serious damage.

Hope you all are staying warm. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories