Friday, December 30, 2016

The Bar Set Too High

As I was talking to Suzanna about New Year's Resolutions, I mentioned the fact  I was glad that I had set my goal of losing 50 pounds my 50 years of age in July- it was not just a New Years Resolution that had a big percent chance of dying by the way side. No, what I was doing was a life style change. I mentioned that I had lost one half of my goal already. She then suggested that if I needed inspiration to look at Dean. He is a young man that is about 6 foot 5 inches tall. He has lost 60 pounds over the last 6-8 months. He is very thin - in fact, I could venture to say almost too thin. He is not the only one at my church that is leaning on the side of being too thin. We have a couple of ladies who have lost quite a bit of weight - and who are really thin. The sad thing is that it has really aged them. But people seem to be so impressed because they are so thin.

Later as I contemplated our conversation, I realized that even with losing 50 pounds that I was not going not be super thin - truthfully to get to the point that these two ladies are at I would have to lose at least 85 more pounds. And I just don't know if I see that happening.

It dawned on me - "No wonder I have not had very many comments on the weight I've lost, because others at my church have set the bar so high that the average person like me can't reach it. But I am not going to give up. When I look at photos of me from before to now - I can see a big difference- and I am happy with my progress. I am taking it slow and steady. This is a life style change - not a diet.

This is just a list of the basic stuff we will be covering during the next month. All of these things are important for a healthy lifestyle. Making a few changes to improve our health is better than not- but if we truly want good health - we will need to consider the importance of all of these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

19: Go to the Ant