Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Another Flaxseed Recipe

Today I want to share a cookie recipe with you all. It comes from the book - "Depression, the Way Out" by Neil Nedley. This is the recipe that I told you all about that uses flaxseed meal. Walnuts are brain food and really help with your cognitive function. So this recipe can be a recipe to help you reach your health goals.  
 
Walnut Cookies
 
2 1/2 C. Walnuts, finely chopped
2/3 C. Whole Wheat pastry flour
OR use whole wheat flour
1 tsp. Salt
1/3 C. Flaxseed Meal (or use wheat germ) 
1/3 C. Carob Chips or raisins or use both
(I am thinking I will use both)
1/2 C. Maple Syrup, plus 2 T. more
2 tsp. vanilla
 
Preheat oven to 350*  Add all ingredients into bowel in the given order. Mix well. Pray a large double insulated cookie sheet. Drop dough on cookie sheet with Tablespoon, or use a scoop equivalent to a tablespoon. May flatten if you prefer, or leave the shape of the scoop. Place pan on the middle rack of the oven. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown, check often to prevent burning. Cookies can burn easily and become hard if too dark. Let cool before removing from the cookie sheet.
 
You may want to use parchment paper for your cookie sheets.  
 
Ok - So I have not made these cookies yet, but I tried one last week. I tried one that only had carob chips. These cookies are too sweet and very satisfying.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision