Thursday, September 28, 2023

Wouldn't You Know It?!

 Wouldn't you know if as I am reading and sharing quotes with you all about choosing faith over anxiety on our way to the promised land that I would come face to face with a test on that very topic.... 

Anyone who has been along this journey with me very long probably remember back in 2021 how I got Covid and such a bad case of it that it was only by the grace of Jesus Christ that I did not end up in the hospital. Well Sunday morning I got a call from my son- He has tested postive for Covid. I had seen for 4 straight days in a row. I had taken care of his son/s for 4 days in a row. I had already started feeling soreness in my neck- I began to pray and hope it was something else. I tested Sunday morning - negative... I tested a couple more times and by Monday evening I was positive for Covid and of course had a very rough night my Monday night. As soon as I saw the positive results I remembered how very close I came to being put into the hospital and I was brought face to face with the choice of faith or anxiety. In fact I am still facing that choice even today as I am still suffering from covid. It still scares me because I know how sick I got last time and how fast the really serious part hit - after days of being sick and thinking that things would get better any day and instead things went down hill fast. So now I have a choice will I pick faith in Jesus or anxiety. To be honest I have cried more than once dealing with the anxiety of the fear of what could happen. And thankfully each time Jesus is there reaching out His hand of love for me to grasp and be pulled back into faith. And I am trying to be quicker to pick the side of faith when those feelings arise. 

The antibiotics that I was given at first caused me to get nauseous and throw up like 5-8 times- that happened 3 different times till I pinpointed for sure the cause. Tuesday was a pretty miserable day. Wednesday morning I woke up feeling a bit better and thought I was on my way to feeling better. That afternoon I got very congested. By this morning I woke up and I felt worse that I had yesterday. And anxiety hit again - pretty hard. I remembered that Sabbath morning back in June of 2021 - I thought I was going to die. It has been a rough day. I can not get my nasal passage to clear up and I have realized I can not smell. 

 Today I made a pot of bean soup and some cornbread. Later as my husband was sleeping in the bedroom with the door shut, I began to clean the kitchen. I finished with cleaning the iron skillet and put it on the stove and turned the burner on. Then a minute or two later I walked across the room to the computer desk that is in the dining room and I turned on the computer. A few minutes later I remembered the iron skillet. I turned around to find the kitchen - and really the house was filled with smoke. It was so bad that the smoke and smell woke my husband up and he came out to investigate. He said it would probably be a good idea for me to go take a nap....trying to keep me from doing anything else dangerous. I had not realized how dangerous it could be to not have your sense of smell. It doesn't seem like a big deal but really it is! 

Anyway as I continue to face this choice of faith or anxiety- my prayer is that God will continue to give me the strength and courage to choose faith over anxiety! Hopefully I can get on here in a few days and tell you how much better I am feeling. Until then I will continue to do all I know to do to help my body fight. I hope each of you are well. May God bless you and hold you close to His heart! 


2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for what you are going through, but you are doing to well to keep focusing on Jesus!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity