Friday, September 8, 2023

Could This Be The Last One??

So since I was on the computer to pay some bills I thought I would jump on here for a few minutes and do a bit of a catch up. Today we are experiencing our #53 of triple weather days for this year and wouldn't you know it, it's super hot out today. 109 out right now at 4:35 pm. I have seen weather reports that say tomorrow will be 100 and some that say 99. So we will just have to wait and see. The positive news to share is that it may look more like a normal warm fall weather next week with highs in the upper 80's and 90's. That looks so much nicer to me than these triple digit days. It has been oppressive. Yesterday was very hot as well at about 107. I did see where one of the new channels posted on Facebook that in the past we have actually had a triple digit day as late as October 3rd! Can you believe it?! Don't think they said what year. But I just looked it up and it was October 3rd, 1951 and the temperature was 106!! So we may finally be almost done with this scorcher of a summer. So thankful. My garden and I have been in survival mode and we are both ready to thrive!! 

Speaking of gardens, I actually started plants for a fall garden. And a week or so I had to take the plants outside and place them on a picnic table- they were getting too big to have in my sunroom. Anyway something ate the leaves off of some of my plants. Other plants are SO VERY ready to be planted in the ground and I am trying to hard to be patient. Hoping to get them planted in a couple of days. I had to plant the sugar snap peas several days ago - they were looking like they were already struggling - I may lose some plants - but either way I would have lost them. I plan on planting some more in the ground in a few days as well. And hope and pray they do well. I love sugar snap peas!!!! 

Well I still have a whole lot to do around here so I will get off for now. I do hope you all are doing well. I hope your weather is getting more and more fall like as well. Take care and God bless! :O) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity