Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Sometimes it is just best to trash it

This photo taught me a great lesson. 

Several weeks ago I went to a Paint with a Twist type thing. I was all set to have a nice time. I had been to several other events like this that were held at a another church I attended a couple of years ago. But this time something happened that made me feel judged and like I wasn't doing a good enough job on painting this picture. I had never said I was any good at painting - I had gone to have fun trying to create something beautiful- knowing full well my limitations having to do with painting. 

After I got home with my painting I put it in my sewing room where I could see it quite often. The first few days I worked through my hurt feeling and frustration that those involved with hurting my feelings felt that they needed to involve themselves in my painting that day...I hadn't seen anyone else having their work critiqued...

 I would walk into my sewing room and see this painting and my first thoughts were not pleasant ones and one day I thought  - you know what - this photo is only bring up negative feelings and it isn't good for me - I would rather throw it away then continue to feel those negative thoughts. I picked it up and punched at the middle of the painting - I was surprised at the sturdiness of the canvas. I then put it into the trash can. A couple of days later when it was time to gather trash and get it to the garbage can - as I threw the painting I thought you know what it is a great idea to get rid of those things can bring up bad, sad memories. How many times do we hold onto things that pull us down? Things that steal our joy? We need to release those things...let them go.... Just like throwing this painting way helped me release some negative feelings - so will letting our hurts and those negative thoughts. 

2 comments:

  1. I a, SO sorry your time was spoiled by being judged! You did the right thing to let go of what had turned into a reminder of pain. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar