Friday, March 11, 2022

Freebie Friday

 So today I have a freebie Friday of something that we have been able to get for a couple of years- but I guess we kind of took for granted. And it became very apparent when we found out that this would be the last year to be able to get it that made it apparent of how much we appreciated it but had not appreciated it as much as we should have. 

So what is it? Firewood! 


My husband's uncle owned a pallet business and we would be able to get the scraps for firewood. 

One reason I have not been able to get very many posts up this week - is because I spent A LOT of time working with this firewood. So we had the wood rack in one place- but ordered a new rack and so we had to move this one- so I had already gotten the 4 stacks of thin wood on this rack - when we realized it needed to be moved. So I had to remove all the wood and move rack and reload it. Well where we had put the rack - would have blocked my view from my desk in my room - so after moving the rack there and loading it with the thin wood and a couple of rows of the 4x4 wood - I decided that I wanted to move it again - so again - I had to remove all the wood and move rack and then reload it - and then I got the rest of the wood out of the truck bed. This is the finished job. We will be going to get a little more wood to fill it on up. It really has been a blessing. 

We all need to pay attention to the blessings in our lives that we take for granted and take a little time to thank God for these blessings. So I am thankful for this firewood - especially today because it has been in the 30's all day long with spells of wintery mix. Nothing sticking and serious though- thankfully. But no worries because we have fabulous spring weather on its way!!! :O) 


Please ignore the mess in the background - I had to move a few things to put the rack here - and was too tired to organize the other stuff - so that will be something that goes on my list of things to do soon - hopefully :O) 

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry you will not be able to continue getting the wood! But thankful you have had it for a while, and God will provide some other way.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar