Tuesday, September 17, 2024

What are you focusing on?

 Hello, my friends~ I hope you are all doing well. The last several weeks have been so busy with many dr appointments, both for my husband and my mother-in-law. And sadly, it does not look to be slowing down any time soon. 

So yesterday I took my MIL to an appointment. And by the time I was home, I was stressed out. Why? because doing the several hours with her I had to hear several negative stories for the umpteenth time. It is very draining to listen to negativity as it is but to hear the same negative stories over and over is very draining, at least to me it is. So, I had to do some recouping yesterday afternoon. I learned an important lesson.  Life might be stressful with negative things in it, but we don't need to be focusing on the negativity all the time. And certainly not dumping out negativity on our captive audience. I realize she may not be feeling well and i am trying to be understanding about it. I am trying to come up with a nice way to direct her thoughts to positive things. I might just say something like - hey how about we come up with a few positive things to think about. 

Negativity ~ drains 

Positivity ~ uplifts 


This reminds me of another conversation with another family member that told me that they had been thinking about the negative some much so that it had gotten them very depressed. So, this is another good reason to try to avoid being negative all the time. 

Another thing that focusing on the negative does - is that it lowers our immunity. So maybe when you start to go down the negativity road yet again... just tell yourself to think of several positive things to think about. 

This week I was reminded of something positive that I don't usually recognize. We have construction on the road we live on. Normally we don't. And when we don't, I don't realize how nice it is to just get in the car and go wherever I want to go whenever I want to go without seeing if I can even get out of my driveway. So, this is something that I have thanked God for this week, that normally I don't have to deal with construction on my road. 

During 2020 and since we have been reminded how thankful we should be when the things we want to buy are actually in stock. Often times we take that for granted. 

Well, I have so much that I need to catch up on around here since there have been so many extra appointments and such going on. I hope you all are doing well. :O) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

What are you focusing on?

 Hello, my friends~ I hope you are all doing well. The last several weeks have been so busy with many dr appointments, both for my husband a...