Friday, August 11, 2023

"For today I Can Handle This"

 Just checking in. Sorry it has been so long. Things have been busy, but part of the reason I have not posted much is due to the fact that my mom taught me if you don't have any thing nice to say don't say anything at all. 

Truthfully I have been struggling a bit. This summer has been brutal. Today makes the 19th consecutive days of triple digit temps - and more times than not that temp has been around 105 or above....ugh... Today also marks the 34th triple digit day of the year. But that is not really a fair way to look at it because many of the days that it may not have reached triple digit temps actually the humidity and the dew point made it feel like 100 plus temps - several of them as much as 120 degrees... ugh. 

If that isn't bad enough then we are in a pretty severe drought. I have been keeping track of rain fall since about May- thinking I will continue to do so. Anyway the last "rain" event we got a whopping 0.07 of rain.... I means seriously if I had of tried hard enough I probably could have counted the number of actual drops we have gotten. Oh and that 0.07 of rain happened way back on June 5th, nothing since then. We have cracks all over our yard that are getting bigger and bigger... 

Our low temperatures are in the low 80's many days. DFW broke a record of the highest low this past week - of 86 degrees. Many people aren't even getting highs that are 86 degrees and that is our LOW temperature. 

And the worse part is that on the 2 week weather forecasts it looks like 103 might be the lowest temp we can expect. Just this evening they are showing 98 0r 99 for Tuesday but they said that about last Tuesday and I believe it was 105 as the actual temp for the day. So I won't believe that "low" of a temp until I see it. 

Ok - so a whole lot of negativity here - no wonder I have not been posting much. But I had a few extra minute this evening and thought I would give you all an up date. I am doing my best to just focus on one day at a time. And to tell myself "For today I can handle this" trying not to allow the long term forecast to get me down. But I have to be honest - I do check that long term forecast hoping to see the temps at least trend downward. I mean 100- 103 temps are a lot easier to handle then the 105 and above temps. Plus you always have to factor in the humidity and the dew points- they have been high this year and it has felt miserable. Last year we had 47 days of triple digit days- at the rate we are going it is very possible that we will surpass that number. I will certainly let you know if we do or not. I would be thrilled if we did not.

I not only pray for our temperatures to decrease, I continue to pray for rain. We are in desperate need of rain. The only positive for no rain - is that I don't need to mow. I will need to take a weed eater out and weed eat the small area around our septic sprayers. Other than that our grass is actually crunchy... It's been 2-3 weeks since I have mowed. 

Please join me in praying for rain for Texas- especially the parts like mine that have not gotten any rain for 2 months or so.

I hope you all are doing well. I hope your weather in more mild than our weather has been.  I will drop back by when I get a chance. :O) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity