Thursday, April 20, 2023

Sometimes the Body Rebels

The last few weeks, who am i kidding, the last couple of months have been so very busy for us here around the homestead. Getting ready for the baby chick, garden and everything that goes along with all of that has had us working hard. Many days I have had double the amount of steps that I normally have. Well Wednesday morning my body let me know it had had enough. My knees had hurt for several days but Wednesday morning my right knew, the one I fell on concrete in 2020, hurt so bad. In fact, when I went to go into our living room - a little step down- I heard a weird pop. I guess I had not been at the right angle to step down and popped my knee and it hurt. It hurt so much I knew I would not be able to take care of our grandson. I was pretty worried for a while that I may not be able to make it out of the living room. And it would be several hours before my husband got home from work to help me if I were stuck. Thankfully after sitting for a while I attempted to get up that small step. I was happy I knew where the cane was that my husband had used when he had knee surgery. So slowly I figured out how to use it to help relieve pressure on my knee. I iced my knee many times throughout the day. I learned that walking on the ball of my foot with that right leg helped there not be so much pain in my knee. Sadly it has caused my calf on the right leg to be extremely sore today. And another day that I can not take care of the 15 month old grandson. I am taking it easy again today with ice on the knee here and there throughout the day. 

I still have a whole lot of things to do around here but doing my best to take it easy so I can heal. It is so hard to know all the things that I want to do and not be able to get up and get them done. I am sure some of you can relate to how I am feeling. Anyway I just wanted to spend a bit of time to up date you on what is going on around here. 

I am SO very thankful that I have most of my plants planted out in the garden! It would be even harder for me if I knew that there were a lot of plants that were way past time to go into the garden. 

Before my injury - I got a bit job done that I am very proud of. Several years ago we had a Rosemary bush that had grown pretty bit but the year that we had the big freeze Feb of 2021 I believe it was - well it killed off most of my rosemary plant. Well I bought a plant and I planted it in a tin wash tub that I had. I knew that this was a temporary home for this plant. Rosemary really needs to be planted where it can thrive for years to come. Anyway I had a spot perfect for it in our garden. And this week I was able to get that job done. I had to dig out a lot of the dirt around the rosemary plant in the wash tub. I moved the tub next to the place I wanted to transplant it to. It was a small hole left from where we had lost a tree and the tree stump had rotted away. I dug up the hole a bit and then transferred the rosemary plant to that spot. I am so proud of getting that job done! 

So the plant has some dead spots on that one side. I thought I would leave it for a bit and see if maybe it would start thriving now that it has room to grow. If it does not, I will cut out the dead area of the plant. So thankful that I figured out that this would be a great spot for my plant! I have wanted it permanently added to my garden for a while. 

Well I better close for now. I hope you all are doing well. :O) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity